Motion Sickness - the music blog

Why motion sickness? I don't know. It's not like I literally get "nausea and dizziness induced by motion, as in travel by aircraft, car, or ship". Really, damn it, doesn't life sometimes feel like it moves too quickly where you may have to step outside for a second to unload? Yeah, I hear ya. This is why I listen to music!

Thursday, June 09, 2005

To Whom It May Concern:

The whom that this post is referring to, hopefully will be concerned enough to check this post out soon. I chose to single out this person and create a post of essential 'newer' music in order to keep her updated with a few of my recent favourites, as she is far away and has been gone a long time without the luxury of 'newer' music. She now has the means of getting and listening to new music, so it's time to step up! The lack of music exposure is a travesty that must be resolved and I plan to reunite her with some new music and multiple eargasms.

I'm keeping this a public post, rather than an e-mail, because there may be a couple of you who actually want to know about this too! I also like pictures...and this format. Also, keep in mind these bands, artists, and songs are all part of a specified genre preference that I will be basing purely on what I think she will enjoy (musical preference), hasn't heard yet, or is relevant to upcoming concerts in her area.

------------------
1) Arcade Fire - Funeral

arcade

Standout tracks include: Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out), Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels)Rebellion (Lies)

2)Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

bloc

Standout tracks include: Like Eating Glass, helicopter, Banquet, She's Hearing Voices. Actually...most of them are key. Check out the drumming, that guy is unbelievable.

3)Stars - Set Yourself on Fire

stars

Standout tracks include: First Five Times, Your Ex-Lover is Dead, One More Night, Calendar Girls

4) Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People

bss

Standout tracks include: Stars and Sons, Anthem for a 17 year-old girl, and every other song. This is a brilliant album.

5) Spoon - Kill The Moonlight

spoon

Standout tracks include: Small Stakes, All the Pretty Girls..., Paper Tiger.
This disc is really good and very diverse. Each track seems a little different than the last. The new album is really good as well, but I don't know it as well since it's still new.

6) Elefant - Sunlight Makes Me Paranoid

elefant

Standout tracks include - Misfit, Tonight Let's Dance, Sunlight Makes..., Make Up
I talk about this album HERE (click on it and you'll see it at the bottom)

7) Keane - Hopes and Fears

keane

Standout tracks include - Somewhere Only We Knew, Bend and Break, She Has No Time.

8) The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow

shins

Standout tracks include: Kissing the Lipless, So Says I, Saint Simon...I could list the whole album if I wanted to. I'm sure you've heard this album before, but it's too nice.

9) Minus The Bear - Highly Refined Pirates

mtb

Standout tracks include: Monkey!!! Knife!!! Fight!!!....listen to the whole album 'cause the song titles are hilarious and takes too long to write down. It's really good.

10) Cat Power - You Are Free

mtb

(when you feel chill - plus it has some tracks with Eddie Vedder and others with Dave Grohl) Standout tracks include: Evolution, Good Woman, He War...etc. It's very slow but once you 'get' it, you'll LOVE it. Also, check out the track "I Found A Reason"....it's off her Cover's Record.
---------

Those are ten albums that you should hear if you haven't. There a many that I know you have heard that I won't mention, so I'm not putting them up in case anyone else is wondering why I left off, "_____". I also haven't heard a few albums very much to recognize whether or not you'll like them, but I'll tell you when I find out. Also, if you have time, check out the new Doves, The Bravery, the new Jack Johnson and Eels, Frou Frou, if you enjoy Stars and Broken Social Scene, you will enjoy Apostle of Hustle. You're getting the new Beck, right? Right. It's incredible.

Wow, it was difficult not mentioning anything else, like all the great hip hop and soul that's out right now.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:26 a.m., Blogger Pauly said…

    Ooooh.

    Ruben.

    Why would I need to post that since you have every lp /ep /single /bootleg /live performance that he's ever done?

    I'll dedicate another post to him, don't worry. ;`)

     
  • At 9:23 a.m., Blogger bingofuel said…

    Ruben aside, there is one band you've missed, Pauly, that I think is worth mentioning. I got their CD from my buddy Kristine sometime in February (I think), and it's crept its way into my heart quite handily ever since.

    The band is called Say Anything, and the album is called Say Anything Is A Real Boy. It's one of those albums you have to listen to the whole way through to truly appreciate... Something I've done probably about thirty times over the last four months. Key songs: "The Futile," and "Alive With The Glory Of Love."

    Check it out, please. I'll hook you up with a copy, if you want.

     
  • At 9:35 a.m., Blogger Pauly said…

    Thanks Thomas, I would love a copy. I've seen their name around and I've been curious about their sound.

    I guess I could google their name to research this myself, but is this the group with a ton of different singers? I remember hearing something about this album and how it's unique like that.

    Call you this weekend?

     
  • At 10:03 a.m., Blogger bingofuel said…

    No there's pretty much just one singer. But it's like a fuckin' rock opera, so it's awesome.

     
  • At 10:14 a.m., Blogger Pauly said…

    Literally?

    'Cause I'm imagining an orgy of rock stars on stage. 80's rock stars, in fact.

    *shudder*

    I don't know why I'm posting this reply.

     
  • At 1:13 p.m., Blogger What Sarah Said said…

    You guys are mental.

    You should also listen to:

    "The Lost You" by Hood

    "Helikopter" by The cars and the stars

    That is all. Oh, and also, I will be working ovetime tonight. Until about midnight or 1am. Woot.

     
  • At 12:15 p.m., Blogger Pauly said…

    Mental, Julia? Mental? Let me get this straight. Which of these definitions are you referring to?

    1. Of or relating to the mind; intellectual: mental powers.

    2. Executed or performed by the mind; existing in the mind: mental images of happy times.

    3. Of, relating to, or affected by a disorder of the mind.

    4. Intended for treatment of people affected with disorders of the mind.

    5. Of or relating to telepathy or mind reading.

    I would have to assume it's 1,2, 4 or 5. Not 3...'cause then I would have to get all crazy (mental #3) and shit.

    p.s. I'll check out those albums as well...and get back to you on that.

    Also...please don't mention Friday and work. I had the most intense day of my life. <---(period)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home