Motion Sickness - the music blog

Why motion sickness? I don't know. It's not like I literally get "nausea and dizziness induced by motion, as in travel by aircraft, car, or ship". Really, damn it, doesn't life sometimes feel like it moves too quickly where you may have to step outside for a second to unload? Yeah, I hear ya. This is why I listen to music!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Albums in Current Rotation

I really shouldn't be posting at work like this, but I am. I'm always listening to music, so I figured I would share the albums that I've had playing today. These are the ones that I've listened to while driving to work, or while I'm at my desk. Sometimes I do the shuffle thing, but today I feel like taking in whole and complete albums. So, as of 11:42am, this is what I feel like today:



Jean Grae - The Bootleg of a Bootleg EP. I was listening to this again on the way to work this morning and I can't believe how incredible this woman is. My intrigue with her began when she was with Natural Resource, and would do some work with The Herbaliser under the name "What What". Damn...she really took me by surprise and I basically fell for her after the first listen. This album is great. It really shows her MC skills and there is a 45 minute extended track at the end that has a bunch of freestyle tracks and older songs that she did with Natural Resource that alone are worth the price of the album. She has a new(er) album out too, called "This Week", that is just as good.



The Herbaliser - Very Mercenary. Oh damn. My reminiscing of Jean Grae has led me to listen to this little gem. Really though, I couldn't decide if I wanted to listen to this one or "Blow Your Headphones", since they both contain a young Jean and are both incredible. Ahhh...I think I may listen to this again, now that I think about it.



Cody Chesnutt - The Headphone Masterpiece. This is an album to listen to when you are in a stripped-down, raw, soul and funk mood. It's a double album and it's really good. It's very raw, in the sense that it's home-made and he really exposes himself in terms of letting people know who he really is. If you recognize his name, it's from The Roots song, "The Seed p.2", which is the second version to the one on this disc. I love how stripped down this album sounds and how 'in the moment' he is with each recording.



Elefant - Sunlight Makes Me Paranoid. I've been diggin' this album for a while now. It's not one that I want to play over and over, but, like The Strokes and all those other 'mod' bands, it's in the same vein. It's uses catchy guitar riffs, faux-accent vocals, and it's hard to deny the mind-sticking power that each song has. Why do I feel like this is a guilty pleasure? I don't know...maybe 'cause it's so much like something else. Oh! I know...it's Morrissey-like voice and The Strokes wrapped up together in a nice little package

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home