Motion Sickness - the music blog

Why motion sickness? I don't know. It's not like I literally get "nausea and dizziness induced by motion, as in travel by aircraft, car, or ship". Really, damn it, doesn't life sometimes feel like it moves too quickly where you may have to step outside for a second to unload? Yeah, I hear ya. This is why I listen to music!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Delicious Songs...mmmmm

This is my compromise.

I will list a few of my favourite food songs. If I can think of it off the top of my head and it has anything to do with food...I'm going to try to list them.

To begin, I don't think I could leave this list without mentioning a recent MF Doom album, "MM..Food?" , in which all the songs deal with mouth-watering delicacies. Some of my favourites from that album are Potholderz, Hoe Cakes, Kookies, One Beer, Poo-Putt Platter (not really...but the name alone deserves recognition).

Who can forget a little blue monster and his hit, "C is for Cookie"? Damn, that was a nice song. I can still remember rockin' out to that record when I was little, or maybe last week. I sure could empathize with that guy, 'cause seriously, who didn't like cookies? Really, though, C is for cookie, and that was good enough for me!

That brings me to another song that I remember singing...but this time it was in high-school German class. It went something like this: "Ich habe....hunger hunger hunger, habe hunger hunger hunger, habe hunger hunger hunger, habe durst". Pretty self explanatory but I'll try to translate. Basically, the message is that you're hungry x9 and then you are thirsty. Deep.

"Yummy, yummy, yummy, I've got food in my tummy"....ahhh...that's true after I eat. I actually thought that's how that song went, until I heard it recently on some show where they substitute 'food' with 'love'. Blah...who's got 'love' in their tummies? Those are freakin' butterflies, dammit!

"Eat it" by Weird Al Yankovic. Am I saying too much if I tell you I was really into this guy when I was little? I think I was introduced to more 80's songs in the parody form from Weird Al than original songs. Sad...but true. Honorable mentions go to "Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch", "I Love Rocky Road", "Spam", and "My Bologna". Wow...I'm getting a flood of old Weird Al memories.

"Peaches and Cream" - by Beck.
"Strawberry Fields Forever" - The Beatles
"Lunchlady Land" - Adam Sandler

Holy crap. I just did a google search on food songs 'cause I'm drawing a blank right now. Some guy has created a giant list here

That's all I can do!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:58 p.m., Blogger Pauly said…

    No.

    I was doing a...crossword puzzle, as lame as that sounds. I honestly didn't know the picture was about to be taken. Props to Jen for taking the pic. Thanks!

     
  • At 7:59 p.m., Blogger What Sarah Said said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:41 a.m., Blogger What Sarah Said said…

    I'm retardedly excited about something. Read my blog. :)

     
  • At 12:57 a.m., Blogger Gloria said…

    Paul...I saw Weird Al live in concert.

    My favourite Weird Al song is actually an original called "You Don't Love Me Anymore". It's fantastic. Here's a bar to give you a taste:

    You burned my face off on the barbeque grill, now my scars are all healing but my heart never will. You set my house on fire...then you pulled out my chest hairs with an old pair of pliers, now you, say I'm ugly and you think I'm cheap, you shaved off my eyebrows when I was asleep...you used to think I was nice...now you tell all your friends that I'm the Antichrist...

    It's pure brilliance. Look it up if you're not familiar.

     
  • At 8:44 a.m., Blogger Pauly said…

    Ahhh yes...

    I could never forget, "You Don't Love Me Anymore". I still hear that soft, soothing Weird Al voice in my head everytime I hear those words.

    Wait...not that I hear those words very often or anything!

     
  • At 11:55 a.m., Blogger Pauly said…

    Dafe.

    I didn't delete anything.

    Read it closely again.

    I did not 'author' the comment, therefore I am not the deleter.

    Are you trying to tarnish my name? HUH!?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home