Motion Sickness - the music blog

Why motion sickness? I don't know. It's not like I literally get "nausea and dizziness induced by motion, as in travel by aircraft, car, or ship". Really, damn it, doesn't life sometimes feel like it moves too quickly where you may have to step outside for a second to unload? Yeah, I hear ya. This is why I listen to music!

Monday, May 16, 2005

Another story...

Okay, I haven't had much time to post anything lately, so I'm thinking I'll just post another
?uestlove story from the Okayplayer boards. This one was posted recently and I got a good laugh from it. It's from a discussion of this track, "Steve Williamson feat. The Roots - Journey to Truth (1994)", and how it was the first time the hip-hop/jazz fusion sound was just about to take off. ?uestlove comes in and tells this story about when The Roots were working on that track.

"here's another questo hall of famer story.

most of my friends are amazed im the movie snob i am...

especially when i have yet to view the classics.

(star wars, harry potters, lords)

anyways...back when working on this record at (townhouse studios in london?) i decided not to live in ignorance any longer and watch for the first time a classic film that cats been raggin me on for some time about not peeping: scarface.

so after a long night of tryna get "they dont wanna hear it" correct (to this date i think its the only song that took me more than 20 takes to nail....steve was a sgt kid!)---i resigned to the breakroom to peep this coked out classic.

well....just as i sit on the couch...two blokes come inside my breakroom.

im in the dark and its about 2 in the morning. i think im on the scene in which pacino and (other cat?) are on the beach tryna pick up women with that tongue trick)

you know how when you watch a well watched movie classic and you think EVERYONE done seen it...so you give it all away?

in walks in these two blokes---they sit on both sides of the small couch. im in the middle. clearly drunk for the next hour these two spoil my virgin experience with scarface. saying the lines and shit. talking all loud.

and even when i said "i never seen this film before" all these drunk fucks did was rag me on "how could you not watch scarface!??!?!?"

so.

midway in my fustration i walked out of the breakroom.--

while getting my backpack in the studio i mumbled some shit to my manager and the engineer overheard me talking about the two spoilers asses in the breakroom.

then engineer says:

"man...you just spent two hours with page and plant and all you wanted to do was watch the movie?"

oops.
. "

Ha!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    page and plant? i'm lost.

     
  • At 11:20 p.m., Blogger Pauly said…

    Vocalist and guitarist of Led Zeppelin.

    Very popular band.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home