Motion Sickness - the music blog

Why motion sickness? I don't know. It's not like I literally get "nausea and dizziness induced by motion, as in travel by aircraft, car, or ship". Really, damn it, doesn't life sometimes feel like it moves too quickly where you may have to step outside for a second to unload? Yeah, I hear ya. This is why I listen to music!

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Entroducing Re-release / Random Music News

DJ Shadow - Entroducing

Example

...one of my favourite albums of all time, is getting re-released on June 7th. News like this excites me in so many ways that I can barely speak (which is why I choose to type it out on a blog).

I'm not usually this excited about re-releases, especially since they usually contain the same thing that was on the original and are supposedly remastered to sound better. I can never really tell the difference and, having been convinced by a few people who claim to know the engineering process, that it's more of a marketing gimmick than an actual rebirth of the album.

So, why does this excite me then? Because it's a "deluxe, expanded edition". It says so on the new and improved package art.

Seriously though? This re-release contains a lot of other material, rare demos, live tracks, remixes, and single versions. It's just too nice to pass up. I'm hyped, I'm excited, and I'm full of anticipation. Do you know what the crazy thing about this is? Is that in 9 years, this album has only sold 290,000 copies (50 Cent's new album sold 4 million in a little over a month, to put things in perspective). What's wrong with people? I've had to buy 5 copies for myself in the last 9 years in order to keep up with the fact I've either scratched it to death, people have borrowed and not returned, or people break my car window in order to steal it (and other discs like it). This, my friend(s), will not be lent out, left in a car, or scratched. I plan on buying the vinyl as well....suckers.

Disc: 1
1. Best Foot Forward

2. Building Steam With A Grain Of Salt
3. The Number Song
4. Changeling (**Transmission 1)
5. What Does Your Soul Look Like part 4
6. Stem/Long Stem (**Transmission 2)
7. Mutual Slump

8. Organ Donor
9. Why Hip Hop Sucks In '96
10. Midnight In A Perfect World
11. Napalm Brain/Scatter Brain
12. What Does Your Soul Look Like part 1 - blue sky revisit (**Tansmission 3)

Disc: 2
1. Best Foot Forward (Alternate Version)

2. Building Steam With A Grain Of Salt (Alternate Take w/out Overdubs)
3. The Number Song (Cut Chemist Party Mix)
4. Changeling (Original Demo Excerpt)
5. Stem (Cops 'N' Robbers Mix)
6. Soup
7. Red Bus Needs To Leave
8. Mutual Slump (Alternate Take w/out Overdubs)

9. Organ Donor (Extended Overhaul)
10. Why Hip-Hop Sucks In '96 (Alternate Take)
11. Midnight In A Perfect World (Gab Mix)
12. Napalm Brain (Original Demo Beat)
13. What Does Your Soul Look Like (Peshay Remix)
14. DJ Shadow Live In Oxford, England, Oct. 30, 1997

Anyway, in other music news, LAURYN HILL (!!!!) performed at Cartier's 25th anniversary celebration. Yes, I believe that she's wearing a wig. I had links to share with all of you, but they are already taken down by the time I was about to post them. Boo. Oh well...all I want is to hear when the new album will be out.

What else....hmmm....lots of new albums are coming out in the next year that are getting me excited. There's a new Radiohead album that was just announced to be released next spring, Cee-lo and Dangermouse, Coldplay, Death Cab for Cutie, Little Brother, Common, Erykah Badu, The Roots, MF Doom and Ghostface, and all sorts of other goodies. Sounds like a great year.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home