Motion Sickness - the music blog

Why motion sickness? I don't know. It's not like I literally get "nausea and dizziness induced by motion, as in travel by aircraft, car, or ship". Really, damn it, doesn't life sometimes feel like it moves too quickly where you may have to step outside for a second to unload? Yeah, I hear ya. This is why I listen to music!

Friday, February 24, 2006

Random musical musing

Over the past few weeks, I've been flooding my ears with music. I feel as though I should be sharing some of the joys that I've been listening to with you, but really, it's mostly been a lot of playbacks and rediscoveries. So what can I share?

I been listening to a lot of Dilla, and given the recent news of Dilla's passing, I've been getting reconnected with his work, especially those rare tracks that I never heard before. After reading the article about Dilla's last days in the Detroit Free Press, I've been listening to his latest stuff with a different ear. I didn't realize he was that sick. His dedication to music was incredible.



****

So while we're on the topic of "what i've been listening to", let's up a mini-mix.



The image “http://www.quinnipiac.edu/Images/wqun%20old%20radio.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.-----FebTwoSixMix----- The image “http://www.quinnipiac.edu/Images/wqun%20old%20radio.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

1. Janet Jackson feat. Q-Tip - Got 'till It's Gone

One of my favourite Dilla remixes. That beat simply makes me happy.

2. Quantic - Don't Joke with the Hungry Man

It was funk-night at Bamboo last night and once the DJ played this track, he was instantly rewarded with a swarm of people on the dance floor.

3. Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right

Classic

4. Jackson 5 - I Want You Back (Z-Trip Remix)

Classic-remixed into a new classic (?)

5. Phoenix - Everything is Everything

One of those random rediscoveries.

6. Sufjan Stevens - Romulus

Simply a great song.

7. Zion I - Soo Tall

I'm a sucker for the beat build-ups.

8. My Morning Jacket - Mahgeetah

Another great song.

9. The Roots - The Seed/Melting Pot/Web (Live)

I was amazed the first time I heard this song. I don't know many 16 minute songs where I want to hear them over and over again like I do this one.

10. Spoon - Paper Tiger

One of my favourite Spoon tracks from their second last album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home