Motion Sickness - the music blog

Why motion sickness? I don't know. It's not like I literally get "nausea and dizziness induced by motion, as in travel by aircraft, car, or ship". Really, damn it, doesn't life sometimes feel like it moves too quickly where you may have to step outside for a second to unload? Yeah, I hear ya. This is why I listen to music!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Coldcut featuring Saul Williams

Coldcut brings back a lot of great memories. It was the first time I was exposed to the Ninja Tune label which, in turn, the likes of Amon Tobin, Mr. Scruff, Kid Koala, and The Herbaliser began to rule my musical world. This eventually brought me to the sub-label, Quannum, which introduced me to Lyrics Born, Lateef, Blackalicious, and right back around to DJ Shadow. It was marvelous. In 2000, Ninja Tune released a 3 CD box-set titled, "Xen Cuts", that showed off they're entire roster AND introduced me to Saul Williams in the form of "Twice the First Time". Practically every musical artist I liked was on one label, and there was always another artist playing in my hometown.

The image “http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004XSTF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

What's with the mini-history lesson of what Ninja Tunes meant to me?

Well, I just saw the new Coldcut & Saul Williams video today and was thrown back to those days. The song is called "Mr. Nicols", and the video is really dark and depressing. Sauls' lyrics are perfect over Coldcuts production, and the video seems to compliment the music...but instead of getting into anything else, I'll just let you watch it yourself.

The image “http://www.cisco-records.co.jp/cgi/jacket/HK/HK1415.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Check out the video: Windows Media / Real Media

----------

Oh, while you're at it, check out Kanye's new video for "Touch the Sky".

The image “http://bsiderecordshop.com/oscommerce/images/KANYETOUCH.JPG” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home