Motion Sickness - the music blog

Why motion sickness? I don't know. It's not like I literally get "nausea and dizziness induced by motion, as in travel by aircraft, car, or ship". Really, damn it, doesn't life sometimes feel like it moves too quickly where you may have to step outside for a second to unload? Yeah, I hear ya. This is why I listen to music!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Only 48 more to go!

Sufjan Stevens.

The term "genius" gets thrown around too much these days. Those who know me will know that I'm guilty of that as well, but I can't help it. Sometimes when I find an artist I really like, I assume he/she is a genius.

I believe Sufjan is a modern-day genius. Not only can he play over 20 instruments pretty well, but he's damn good at making a song. After 6 months of listening to "Illinoise", I still get chills when I hear that piano at the beginning of the album. It's a perfect disc that keeps on surprising me. The sequencing is perfect too. From what I've heard, he's dedicating an album to every state in the US.....only 48 more to go!

Imagine Sufjan Stevens and Jon Brion together...I could see that working well.

------------

I picked up the new Strokes album a few weeks ago. It's really good. I love the direction that they are heading in....they've stretched their melodies out and developed a great sound. Every day I have a new favourite song, which is always a good indication that I made a good purchase. Hopefully it stands the test of time and has strong replay value.

------------

What else? Let's see....I've been listening to so much lately, but I can't think of anything else to write about. I love the latest Blockhead album. Aqualung has been getting some play...although I feel like it's a guilty pleasure. I'm not sure why.

Oh, and I'm hooked on myspace (http://www.myspace.com/paulyjj). It's becoming a little too much...I'm finding sooooo much good music though, I can't help it!

That's about it. If you haven't read the previous story, check it out. It's great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home